This report attempts to address a number of questions:
• What is the ‘DNA’ of non-governmental Arts/Cultural Centres’ and Performing Arts organisations?
• What are their key characteristics and features?
• To what extent have and do Arts/ Cultural Centres’ and Performing Arts organisations innovate their Business models?
• Are there distinctive types of Arts/ Cultural Centres’ and Performing Arts organisations that have similar features and so, could be grouped together and given generic profiles and names related to their business models?
• Are there major differences between Arts/Cultural Centres’ and Performing Arts organisations in the different geographical regions of Europe and if yes, what are these and why?
• How understood, prevalent and developed is audience development amongst the Arts/Cultural Centres’ project partners?
The purpose of this report as defined in Creative Lenses’ detailed project description is to outline the ‘Definition of dimensions, features and challenges of the business model innovation and management approaches as well as of the audience development strategies distinguishing the cultural organisation’s involved in the project’. This brief has been developed and expanded to produce an overall description and analysis of the current profiles of Arts/Cultural Centres’ and Performing Arts organisations.